Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Upside to Dorm Life

Well, I'm back in New York. The tooth stayed home, but the meds came with me. The ferry ride from CT to Long Island was very smooth and relaxing.

I got back to the dorms to find my desk broken. I found this out the hard way when I went to move it over 3 feet. I was trying to do it the right way: team-lift and move. Someone else, on the other hand, decided to slide it some unknown time earlier in the break when I was in CT. ALL of the connecting screws were torn out and the surrounding wood ripped to shreds. So, I got a new desk and assembled it. Quite fun while on meds actually. (seriously, it was!)

Anyway, the title says upside to dorm life, not downside. The first upside is this: NO SMALL CAPACITY WATER HEATER!!! My shower this morning was nice and long, free from the fear of cold water. Back home, the hot water lasts 6 minutes tops. Here, I can take as long as I want (provided there is no one waiting of course)

The other upside is this: NO NEED FOR TV!!!!! Who needs TV when they can watch the drama go on in the dorms around them?? lol! People are stupid sometimes, and it can be fun to watch. ...from a safe distance of course...

1 comment:

Hannah Elisabeth said...

tru dat!! i just tagged u...go to my blog to find out what you need to do